Register here! Get an early bird 10% discount if you pay on or before March 24, 2018. If you enroll in groups of 3, get an additional 5% group discount.
This training program will provide a roadmap on financial statement analysis. It will cover different types of financial analysis tools such as financial ratios, break-even analysis, common-size analysis and trend analysis for investment and credit decision and monitoring performance. To better appreciate the financial position and operating performance of a company, the seminar will start with an understanding of basic financial statements. The financial reporting issues applicable to certain balance sheet accounts such as accounts receivable, inventories, investment in financial instruments, investment properties, and property, plant and equipment will be discussed. This seminar will also discuss how to evaluate the company’s quality of earnings.
At the end of the seminar, the participants are expected to:
- Analyze basic financial statements.
- Explain the effects of a transaction on financial statements.
- Identify the financial reporting issues that may be applicable to specific financial statement accounts that will be discussed.
- Evaluate the quality of earnings of a company.
- Apply the financial analysis tools in making credit and investment decisions and monitoring financial performance.
Who Should Attend?
- Credit and equity analyst;
- Business unit and department heads;
- Teachers of accounting and finance; and
Schedule of Activities (4 days)
April 7 (Saturday) 8:30am to 4:00pm
Roadmap on Financial Analysis
Understanding the Statement of Financial Position or Balance Sheet (Session 1)
Financial Reporting Issues on Some Balance Sheet Accounts
April 14 (Saturday) 8:30am to 4:00pm
Understanding Balance Sheet Accounts (Session 2)
Understanding Statement of Profit or Loss or Income Statement
Evaluating the Quality of Earnings of a Company
Understanding the Statement of Cash Flows
April 21 (Saturday) 8:30am to 4:00pm
Financial Statement Analysis
- Break-Even Analysis
- Financial Ratios
- Common Size Analysis
- Trend Analysis
- Limitations of Financial Statement Analysis
April 28 (Saturday) 8:30am to 4:00pm
Cases on Financial Statement Analysis
This training program will be conducted using the following approaches: lecture, exercises and case discussion.
The seminar will be conducted by professors from the Cesar E.A. Virata School of Business, UP Diliman and industry practitioners.
Virata School of Business, UP Diliman, Quezon City