REGISTER HERE! Price is PHP11,000 per pax for the whole seminar. Get an early bird 10% discount if you pay on or before June 30, 2023. If you enroll in groups of 3, get an additional 5% group discount.
Project finance is the financing of long-term infrastructure, industrial projects and public services based upon a non-recourse or limited recourse financial structure, in which project debt and equity used to finance the project are paid back from the cash flow generated by the project. It has become an essential source of financing for capital-intensive projects, especially in developing countries. This seminar will cover topics that include evaluation of the financial viability of an investment, cost of capital, project risk management, and organizational and financial structuring.
At the end of the seminar, the participants are expected to:
- Evaluate the financial viability of an investment.
- Determine the effects of capital structure on the cost of capital.
- Identify the common features of project finance transactions.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of project finance.
- Differentiate corporate finance from project finance.
- Identify the players in project finance.
- Analyze the risks and how to allocate them through contracts with special purpose vehicles (SPVs).
- Evaluate the cash flows from the project.
- Recognize the risks and identify the mitigating factors in project financing.
- Identify the possible sources of financing.
Who Should Attend?
The seminar can be attended by investment bankers, project engineers, regulators who monitor big investment projects, financial advisers, and credit and stock market analysts.
Schedule of Activities (3 days)
Jul 15 (Saturday) 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Capital Budgeting
- Cost of Capital
- Capital Structure
Jul 22 (Saturday) 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Overview of Project Finance
- Project Financing vs Corporate Financing
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Project Financing
- Importance of Risk Allocation in Project Finance
- Approaches to Risk Identification and Allocation
- Construction and Operating Risks
- Market Risks
- Financial Risks
- Political and Regulatory Risks
- Cash Flow Analysis in Project Financing
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Lender Financial Metrics
- Forecasting Techniques and Limitations
- Dealing with Risks in Cash Flow Analysis
- Legal Considerations in Project Financing Due Diligence
- Legal Environment and Regulatory Conditions
- Determining the Project Structure
- Key Contractual Agreements and Structuring Considerations
Jul 29 (Saturday) 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Sources of Project Financing
- Bank Debt
- Development Bank Loans
- Project Bonds
- Case Study
The seminar will be conducted through the following approaches: lecture, exercises, and case discussion.
The seminar will be conducted by teachers from the Cesar E.A. Virata School of Business, UP Diliman and industry practitioners.
Pingback: Public Seminars for 2nd Half of 2018 | Development Center for Finance·
Cant open the registration portal?
Ok n po sya now
Ok na po sya now
May I know how much is the investment and when are your next training schedules?
Is the 19.5 CPD units applicable to Reg Electrical Engineers?
Kung i-accept po nila. Pro sa Board of Accountancy po kami naka-apply